Runing STM32 Embedded target code in Simulator Mode

Share code examples or discuss embedded software, including device drivers, interrupt handlers, middleware and application code.

Moderators: Markus Girdland, Mattias Norlander

sadashivakamath

Runing STM32 Embedded target code in Simulator Mode

Postby sadashivakamath » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:12 am

Hi,

I have created STM32 Embedded target project using STM32CubeMX. I want to know how to run STM32 Embedded target code in simulator mode (i.e., without connecting to STM32 hardware target)?
Can you please share any detailed document or video tutorial on this?

avasthisamar

Re: Runing STM32 Embedded target code in Simulator Mode

Postby avasthisamar » Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:13 am

The STM32F4-Discovery board supports two different communication interfaces for PIL: ST-LINK and serial. The ST-LINK communication interface does not require any additional cables or hardware besides a USB type A to Mini-B cable used to connect the STM32F4-Discovery board to the host computer. The serial communication interface requires a USB TTL-232 cable. Running a PIL simulation using the serial communication interface is much faster than the running a PIL simulation using ST-LINK. We recommend using the serial interface for PIL whenever possible. Unlike PIL, External mode simulations exclusively use the serial communication interface. Hence, you must have the required USB TTL-232 cable.
Hardware networking training

sami

Re: Runing STM32 Embedded target code in Simulator Mode

Postby sami » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:48 pm

Atollic dosnt support simulator mode.

Return to “Embedded target code development discussions”