Open declaration not going to function body

Discuss how to use the features of Atollic TrueSTUDIO, including the editor, assembler, C/C++ compiler, linker, debugger, static code analysis and team collaboration tools.

Moderators: Markus Girdland, Mattias Norlander

partha_nayani

Open declaration not going to function body

Postby partha_nayani » Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:05 am

Hi all,

When I place the cursor on a function and right click, I get the usual pop-up and when I select Open Declaration, control goes to proto type declaration for some functions instead of going to the function body itself. This is happening to some functions whereas other functions control goes properly to function body. Though I can not confirm, it looks like this is happening in one project ( I tried same by opening some source files of other projects in same work space and there I mostly noticed control goign to the function body. Are there any settings in TS which I inadvertenetly changed for this particular porject? How do I make TS to take me to function body when I select Oprn Declaration? Thank you.

Mattias Norlander

Re: Open declaration not going to function body

Postby Mattias Norlander » Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:22 pm

It maybe a fallback if TS cannot find the declaration such as when linking a library. I am not sure.
What if you use the Keyboard shortcut CTRL + SHIFT + T, then type the function name. Is it listed? Can you jump to it now?
If not the index of the project is broken, or maybe the body does not exist in the project context (is not indexed).
Build new index by right-click on your project --> Index --> Rebuild

partha_nayani

Re: Open declaration not going to function body

Postby partha_nayani » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:53 am

Hi Mattias Norlander,
Thank you for the reply. Tried rebuilding the project but to no avail.

Regards
Parmin

Return to “Atollic TrueSTUDIO tool discussions”