Error Renaming Project. Reason: null argument:

Discuss how to use the features of Atollic TrueSTUDIO, including the editor, assembler, C/C++ compiler, linker, debugger, static code analysis and team collaboration tools.

Moderators: Markus Girdland, Mattias Norlander

SeeTwo

Error Renaming Project. Reason: null argument:

Postby SeeTwo » Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:54 pm

Hello Community,

I've been experiencing the same problem on multiple machines, instances of Atollic, and Projects.

All I want to be able to do is rename my project, but whenever I try I encounter this error:

Atollic "creates" the new project, moves some stuff over, basically ruining both the original and the new project.

Anybody ever able to solve this?

Thanks

Mattias Norlander

Re: Error Renaming Project. Reason: null argument:

Postby Mattias Norlander » Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:17 pm

Renaming the project should work in general. Do you have this issue even if you create a new project in a new workspace?

SeeTwo

Postby SeeTwo » Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:53 am

Mattias Norlander wrote:Renaming the project should work in general. Do you have this issue even if you create a new project in a new workspace?

So I am able to create and rename new projects in any workspace (a new one or the default one I have my project in).

Therefore it must be something to do with the settings of the project. I've combed through the project pretty extensively, but I still can't figure out what the issue is.

If anybody has an idea as to what I could be missing, please let me know.

Mattias Norlander

Postby Mattias Norlander » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:52 am

SeeTwo wrote:
Mattias Norlander wrote:Renaming the project should work in general. Do you have this issue even if you create a new project in a new workspace?

So I am able to create and rename new projects in any workspace (a new one or the default one I have my project in).

Therefore it must be something to do with the settings of the project. I've combed through the project pretty extensively, but I still can't figure out what the issue is.

If anybody has an idea as to what I could be missing, please let me know.

And if you export the project of interest into a zip-file and then import it into a new workspace and try to rename it there?

SeeTwo

Postby SeeTwo » Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:22 pm

And if you export the project of interest into a zip-file and then import it into a new workspace and try to rename it there?

Cannot copy or export for the same reason. I've tried multiple projects from this MCU manufacturer and none of them work.

Mattias Norlander

Postby Mattias Norlander » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:05 am

Maybe an issue in the example project pack from the MCU vendor? Which vendor? Which package?
Try it on another computer if you have one...

dizcza

Postby dizcza » Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:36 pm

I have the same error when I import (and convert) a project from STM32CubeMX repository in Atollic TrueStudio v9.2.0-9.3.0
After I try to rename the project, say STM32F429I-Discovery to STM32F429I-Discovery-BSP, I get this error and then two projects with the original and renamed names appear in the workspace (left panel), both pointing to the same origin directory.
For the reason I cannot explain, both converted projects fail to build. But this is not related to this topic.

Return to “Atollic TrueSTUDIO tool discussions”