Future of Atollic, ST and MBed

Discussions concerning TrueSTUDIO for STM32 9.0.0 and later versions.

Moderators: Markus Girdland, Mattias Norlander

DaveAtFireco

Future of Atollic, ST and MBed

Postby DaveAtFireco » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:50 pm

Hi

Now that Atollic, has been acquired by ST and knowing ST's Heavy commitment to the MBED platform and the IOT world in general, when will there by support provided to the enable either an Export function provided for the mbed-cli environment or an Import function that will import projects outputed from an existing mbed exporter.

Given that the environment is GCC arm and eclipse, surely it must not be overly complicated to import an exported gnuarmeclipse project so the project can be compiled without having to go through and have to tweak everything to get it to work.

I think the debug capabilities fo this environment are very powerful and myself and my company would like to use this tool. However the complexity of maintaining a mbed project makes it an impractical choice at the moment.

Alternatively if you have a known solution to problem i.e a process to follow to build a project can you provide a document detailing the process required to this and let people know where it is as there is interest shown by several of the Forum members.

An automatic way of importing or created mbed projects is vital for us as a company and for several others I imagine, that without it, it makes the adoption of this development platform unviable for us.

I think the resolution of this problem would increase customer loyalty to the platform and also increase in the adoption of using ST processors for embedded IOT solutions.

I hope you can give me some news on the possibilities I have mentioned .

Yours faithfully

David

Noyb

Re: Future of Atollic, ST and MBed

Postby Noyb » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:47 am

Try Visual Studio 2017 + VisualGDB (custom edition), you'll get better feedback from Sysprogs

Lawrence

Postby Lawrence » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:06 pm

For years Atollic has said that maybe somebody can do it because they are busy.

Right now I am using segger embedded because the debugging on Atollic is buggy for me, and I cant use RTT for some reason.

Maybe we can get a video guide for this?

Hopefully, when the ST-Link V3 comes out, there can be an cheap equivalent to RTT from segger, and leave this GDB behind, mask the problem of eclipse forever.

Priority: debug and bug fixes please.

Mattias Norlander

Postby Mattias Norlander » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:28 pm

So many other things on the short-term roadmap. There is already some other thread about this. If someone in community wants to help it is welcome!

Return to “TrueSTUDIO for STM32 discussions”