After importing IAR, changed FreeRTOS includes from IAR to GCC, but still tries to compile IAR file

Discussions concerning TrueSTUDIO for STM32 9.0.0 and later versions.

Moderators: Markus Girdland, Mattias Norlander

carl0s

After importing IAR, changed FreeRTOS includes from IAR to GCC, but still tries to compile IAR file

Postby carl0s » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:18 pm

Hi.

I imported an IAR-EWARM project - actually the STM32L4R9I-discovery demo program. There wasn't an SW4STM32 version of the project there, like there is with some of the smaller example code. TrueStudio imports the SW4STM32 projects perfectly.

anyway, this project imported, but the FreeRTOS includes that were resolved were for IAR, so I had "..\..\..\..\..\..\Middlewares\Third_Party\FreeRTOS\Source\portable\IAR\ARM_CM4F\port.c:75:24: fatal error: intrinsics.h: No such file or directory"

but, I have been through the includes for C, C++ and asm, and have changed that include to be the GCC version. I have Cleaned the project and tried to build, but it looks like the linker/whatever still tries to build port.c from the IAR include directory.

Any ideas what I need to do? I am very new to all this :)

Thanks, and thanks for the great tools.

See below - there's no trace of the IAR include directory in there any more.

carl0s

Re: After importing IAR, changed FreeRTOS includes from IAR to GCC, but still tries to compile IAR file

Postby carl0s » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:24 pm

Oh, I think maybe I see the problem...

Either there's more than one port.c, or.. or I need to do more learning. This is the IAR version again anyway.

carl0s

Re: After importing IAR, changed FreeRTOS includes from IAR to GCC, but still tries to compile IAR file

Postby carl0s » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:27 pm

Woohoo, it compiles!!

Was Deleting the 'linked resource' the right thing to do? I need to learn what/how these links work. I got caught out earlier when renaming a file, and found it was still linked to the old file.

kxng

Postby kxng » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:38 am

Hi carl0s,

May I know how do you solve it? Currently I faced the same problem as well.

Is it just delete port.c in Middlewares\FreeRTOS\portable\ ?

Return to “TrueSTUDIO for STM32 discussions”