TrueStudio 9.0 crashes during debug

Discussions concerning TrueSTUDIO for STM32 9.0.0 and later versions.

Moderators: Markus Girdland, Mattias Norlander

Kraal

TrueStudio 9.0 crashes during debug

Postby Kraal » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:07 pm

Hello all,
I switched from a bare eclipse CDT to TrueStudio 9.0. For creating and compiling projects, it is really nice.
However, the debug session is horrible. I'm using ST-Link V2 to debug a STM32L452RE. Launching the debug session is fine most of the time, i.e. the GDB server is launched without issues and IDE can connect to it, but switching to the debug perspective is not very reactive. The problem I have is that I never managed to complete a debug session, because TrueStudio will inevitably hang forever at some point (the exact point is not reproducible). I have to force quit TrueStudio and relaunch it to work again, which is really not productive.
I'm using Win 8.1 64-bits, my antivirus is Eset (maybe it is related ?).

Does anyone have an idea about this ? I suspect it is more a problem of TrueStudio and/or Java than the GDB server or ST-Link V2...

Many thanks in advance and have a nice day !

eddiea6987

Re: TrueStudio 9.0 crashes during debug

Postby eddiea6987 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:55 pm

I have the same issue, just constant crashing. If some part of my code has bug of sorts, the debugging doesnt just end it has t free the entire ide and i have to restart. Its really anoying

Kraal

Postby Kraal » Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:10 pm

Hi there,

I must say that since then I switch to Win10 (clean install) on an SSD with TrueStudio 9.1 and now 9.2. The debug is now a pleasant experience as I never experienced a crash anymore.
I am sorry I cannot help you with this more than that. My win 8 install was behaving quite a bit, I think that the clean install helped a lot here.

eddiea6987

Postby eddiea6987 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:08 pm

I am in win 10 and newest install and ssd on a beefy desktop. I honestly blame eclipse. Everything eclipse is just bug prone. Nothing like a hard c++ coded IDE. Just now I have reopened truestudio some 10 times. Once the debugger crashed I relaunch and it opens in debug mode for some reason. Then I try to debug only to have it freeze. I feel like it opens in its last state and I should clear or reset something... only reason I'm using this is because of the dark,theme I can have with eclipse. But it looks like I'm going back to Keil. Now that ARM owns Neil and you always have up to date Cmsis packages it's a no brainer.

Return to “TrueSTUDIO for STM32 discussions”