Missing "GNU C++" in Properties->C/C++ General->Paths and Symbols->Symbols.

Discussions concerning TrueSTUDIO for STM32 9.0.0 and later versions.

Moderators: Markus Girdland, Mattias Norlander

evgeny_erlihman

Missing "GNU C++" in Properties->C/C++ General->Paths and Symbols->Symbols.

Postby evgeny_erlihman » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:30 pm

I converted a C Cube generated project to a C++ one. Everything seems to work, but......

I am currently facing a problem that a C++ project lacks the "GNU C++" in Properties->C/C++ General->Paths and Symbols->Symbols. And i think the preprocessor cannot resolve related ifdefs.....

Any way to add it in?

ravicalls

Re: Missing "GNU C++" in Properties->C/C++ General->Paths and Symbols->Symbols.

Postby ravicalls » Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:29 pm

Is this still an issue? I converted a STm32 C project to C++ and it was missing include paths for the C/C++ General->Paths and Symbols->Includes. I added the include dir and it got past having include options but it is still missing Symbols. I dont see the "GNU C++" in the C/C++ General->Paths and Symbols->Symbols->Languages Tab. Created a native c++ test project and that seems to have that. Is there any to add this option to a converted project?

Mattias Norlander

Postby Mattias Norlander » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:55 am

File > New > Convert to C/C++ project.
There are some more threads on the forum on this topic which may give you additional hints

Michael_adhoc

Postby Michael_adhoc » Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:24 am

I have the same problem. The symbol settings for C++ are missing, after conversion to C++, see attached pictures. I tried to export/import the settings file and modified the C++ part, but it didn't work. It is also not possible to edit any setting under the "preprocessor include" settings.

symbols1.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jmccabe

Postby jmccabe » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:29 pm

In case it's of any use to anyone, I had this issue. I looked through the .cproject and found that the symbols were there for GNU C++, however it looked something like this:

Code: Select all

<option id="com.atollic.truestudio.gpp.symbols.defined.1619552487" name="Defined symbols" superClass="com.atollic.truestudio.gpp.symbols.defined" useByScannerDiscovery="false" valueType="stringList">
      <listOptionValue builtIn="false" value="__weak=__attribute__((weak))"/>
      <listOptionValue builtIn="false" value="__packed=__attribute__((__packed__))"/>
      <listOptionValue builtIn="false" value="USE_HAL_DRIVER"/>
      <listOptionValue builtIn="false" value="USE_HAL_ADC_REGISTER_CALLBACKS=1"/>
      <listOptionValue builtIn="false" value="STM32L476xx"/>
      <listOptionValue builtIn="false" value="STM32L476xx_SPI2_USED"/>
   </option>

However it SHOULD look like this:

Code: Select all

<option id="com.atollic.truestudio.gpp.symbols.defined.1619552487" name="Defined symbols" superClass="com.atollic.truestudio.gpp.symbols.defined" useByScannerDiscovery="false" valueType="definedSymbols">
      <listOptionValue builtIn="false" value="__weak=__attribute__((weak))"/>
      <listOptionValue builtIn="false" value="__packed=__attribute__((__packed__))"/>
      <listOptionValue builtIn="false" value="USE_HAL_DRIVER"/>
      <listOptionValue builtIn="false" value="USE_HAL_ADC_REGISTER_CALLBACKS=1"/>
      <listOptionValue builtIn="false" value="STM32L476xx"/>
      <listOptionValue builtIn="false" value="STM32L476xx_SPI2_USED"/>
   </option>

Can you spot the difference? The original had the valueType of the enclosing option set to "stringList" where it should've been "definedSymbols".

HTH
John

Return to “TrueSTUDIO for STM32 discussions”