Invalid project path:" warnings for old install include paths

Discussions concerning TrueSTUDIO for STM32 9.0.0 and later versions.

Moderators: Markus Girdland, Mattias Norlander

tma

Invalid project path:" warnings for old install include paths

Postby tma » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:46 pm

Greetings,

After upgrading to version 9.2.0 I now get a bunch of invalid include path warnings (see below) that are old include paths for previous TrueStudio version installations. When I go to "Project > Properties > C/C++ General > Paths and Symbols" I see them listed but the edit and delete keys are disabled.

Does anyone here know how to delete the previous installation paths?

Thanks in advance!
TMA

-----------------

Description Resource Path Location Type
Invalid project path: Include path not found (C:\Program Files (x86)\Atollic\TrueSTUDIO for STM32 9.0.1\pctools\include). STM32F103_STM32_SK_embOS pathentry Path Entry Problem
Invalid project path: Include path not found (C:\Program Files (x86)\Atollic\TrueSTUDIO for STM32 9.0.1\pctools\lib\gcc\mingw32\5.3.0\include-fixed). STM32F103_STM32_SK_embOS pathentry Path Entry Problem
Invalid project path: Include path not found (C:\Program Files (x86)\Atollic\TrueSTUDIO for STM32 9.0.1\pctools\lib\gcc\mingw32\5.3.0\include). STM32F103_STM32_SK_embOS pathentry Path Entry Problem
Invalid project path: Include path not found (C:\Program Files (x86)\Atollic\TrueSTUDIO for STM32 9.0.1\pctools\mingw32\include). STM32F103_STM32_SK_embOS pathentry Path Entry Problem
Invalid project path: Include path not found (C:\Program Files (x86)\Atollic\truestudio for stm32 9.1.0\pctools\include). STM32F103_STM32_SK_embOS pathentry Path Entry Problem
Invalid project path: Include path not found (C:\Program Files (x86)\Atollic\truestudio for stm32 9.1.0\pctools\lib\gcc\mingw32\5.3.0\include-fixed). STM32F103_STM32_SK_embOS pathentry Path Entry Problem
Invalid project path: Include path not found (C:\Program Files (x86)\Atollic\truestudio for stm32 9.1.0\pctools\lib\gcc\mingw32\5.3.0\include). STM32F103_STM32_SK_embOS pathentry Path Entry Problem
Invalid project path: Include path not found (C:\Program Files (x86)\Atollic\truestudio for stm32 9.1.0\pctools\mingw32\include). STM32F103_STM32_SK_embOS pathentry Path Entry Problem

Markus Girdland

Re: Invalid project path:" warnings for old install include paths

Postby Markus Girdland » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:47 am

How did you transfer the project to the 9.2.0 version?
The previous installation paths should be deleteable and editable, make sure there's nothing blocking the access to the project for the 9.2.0 version. If you make another project can you edit/delete in that one?

tma

Postby tma » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:45 pm

Greetings Markus,

The only thing I did was re-install TrueStudio with the latest version. The project is an RTOS/LED-Blink example associated with a tutor which resides in my TrueStudio workspace. Note that there are also older paths left over from previous version 9.0. I noticed with a Google search others have encountered the same issue but I was not able to find a fix for it.

I discovered the problem. Even though the user has admin privileges it appears TrueStudio running on the Windows 10 platform must be elevated to run with administrator privileges. When I elevated TrueStudio.exe the old paths became automatically removed and the warnings have cleared. I guess Windows 10 security blocks some file access for Eclipse even when TrueStudio is run by an administrator. The TrueStudio.exe application apparently must be run itself with administrator access powers. I have now configured the Windows 10 start up so that TrueStudio will always start with admin status.

The following questions come to mind:

- I wonder if this requirement is documented anywhere?

- Might this need weaken PC security?

- Is this a bug?

- Should the installation package be configured to install TrueStudio in a manner that ensures the admin status requirement is set during install?

Thanks!
TMA

access777

Postby access777 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:19 am

Hello! I'm just had solve the same trouble. The path could be in the another programming language. You should delete it from the both - the C and the asm parts
Screenshot_01.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “TrueSTUDIO for STM32 discussions”