Bug: Latest stlink firmware V2.J33.M25: Disabling mass-storage causes flashing to fail.

Discussions concerning TrueSTUDIO for STM32 9.0.0 and later versions.

Moderators: Markus Girdland, Mattias Norlander

Maxim Blinov

Bug: Latest stlink firmware V2.J33.M25: Disabling mass-storage causes flashing to fail.

Postby Maxim Blinov » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:39 pm

Hi all, this problem concerns the STM32F103 Nucleo discovery board.
My Atollic TrueSTUDIO version is (Version: 9.2.0, Build id: 20181203-0921), on Windows 10 x64

Everything works fine when using the USB drivers and firmware upgrade tool that comes bundled with Atollic.
The firmware version bundled with Atollic is: V2.J31.M21

I then did the following:
    Install latest STLink USB drivers (not sure which version, but straight from the website as of 03/02/2019).
    Flash my nucleo with the latest firmware available (version V2.J33.M25) *AND* selecting the "STM32 Debug+VCP" non-mass-storage mode (please see attached picture).

After doing this, the following error window appears upon attempting to launch a debug session:

Code: Select all

Failure at line:13 in 'Target Software Startup Scripts'. Please edit the debug configuration settings.

Error finishing flash operation

Line 13 corresponds to the 'load' directive in the gdb configuration file.

However, everything works OK when I flash with the latest firmware *AND* select the "STM32 Debug+Mass storage+VCP" mode (which is the default).

Attached picture: These settings cause the above problem to occur.
upgrade-to-j33.m25-from-j31.m21.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “TrueSTUDIO for STM32 discussions”