not the same includes directories for different c files

Discussions concerning TrueSTUDIO for STM32 9.0.0 and later versions.

Moderators: Markus Girdland, Mattias Norlander

JulienD

not the same includes directories for different c files

Postby JulienD » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:50 am

Hello,

My project have several .C and .h files.
The compiler complains about "no such file or directory" for a .h file.
Include paths are correctly set.

When I have a look to the gcc command lines for differents .c files. I can see that they
don"t provide all the same includes directives.

Here's a screenshot of 2 command lines for 2 .c files. I replaced all spaces by \n for easier reading.

Full command lines are:
arm-atollic-eabi-gcc -c -mthumb -mcpu=cortex-m4 -mfloat-abi=hard -mfpu=fpv4-sp-d16 -std=gnu11 -D__weak=__attribute__((weak)) -DOS -D__packed=__attribute__((__packed__)) -DUSE_HAL_DRIVER -DSTM32F429xx -I../Inc -I../lib/com -I../drivers/Common -I../drivers/IOcy8C95xx -I../drivers/eeprom24C0x -I../drivers/l6474 -I../drivers/BSP -I../Inc/autogenerated/SGB -I../Inc/autogenerated/Params -I../imports/Drivers/STM32F4xx_HAL_Driver/Inc -I../imports/Drivers/STM32F4xx_HAL_Driver/Inc/Legacy -I../imports/Middlewares/Third_Party/FreeRTOS/Source/portable/GCC/ARM_CM4F -I../imports/Drivers/CMSIS/Device/ST/STM32F4xx/Include -I../imports/Middlewares/Third_Party/FreeRTOS/Source/include -I../imports/Middlewares/Third_Party/FreeRTOS/Source/CMSIS_RTOS -I../imports/Drivers/CMSIS/Include -I../imports/inc -I../../../../../imports/inc -Ofast -g -fstack-usage -Wall -o drivers\eeprom24C0x\eeprom24C0x.o ..\drivers\eeprom24C0x\eeprom24C0x.c
arm-atollic-eabi-gcc -c -mthumb -mcpu=cortex-m4 -mfloat-abi=hard -mfpu=fpv4-sp-d16 -std=gnu11 -D__weak=__attribute__((weak)) -DOS -D__packed=__attribute__((__packed__)) -DUSE_HAL_DRIVER -DSTM32F429xx -I../Inc -I../drivers/BSP -I../drivers/Common -I../drivers/l6474 -I../lib/com -I../Inc/autogenerated/SGB -I../imports/Drivers/STM32F4xx_HAL_Driver/Inc -I../imports/Drivers/STM32F4xx_HAL_Driver/Inc/Legacy -I../imports/Middlewares/Third_Party/FreeRTOS/Source/portable/GCC/ARM_CM4F -I../imports/Drivers/CMSIS/Device/ST/STM32F4xx/Include -I../imports/Middlewares/Third_Party/FreeRTOS/Source/include -I../imports/Middlewares/Third_Party/FreeRTOS/Source/CMSIS_RTOS -I../imports/Drivers/CMSIS/Include -Ofast -g -fstack-usage -Wall -o drivers\BSP\steppersMainBoard.o ..\drivers\BSP\steppersMainBoard.c

What can be the reason?
thanks
Julien

frank_ee

Re: not the same includes directories for different c files

Postby frank_ee » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:25 pm

Hello,

Check the include settings option in the IDE. Sometimes a path is missing.

JulienD

Re: not the same includes directories for different c files

Postby JulienD » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:31 am

Hello,

I found what happened.

The point is that eclipse uses different include directories for each source code directory.
ie the options defined at the project level can not be the one used to compile a module in a subdirectory.

It can be confusing but usefull. By the way, I didn't manage to understand how eclipse manages the addition
of a new include directory on project level or a single directory regarding other sub-directories.

Thanks for your help
Julien

Return to “TrueSTUDIO for STM32 discussions”