Programming user code into STM32F103C8 (with USB bootloader updated) using TrueSTUDIO IDE

Discussions concerning TrueSTUDIO for STM32 9.0.0 and later versions.

Moderators: Markus Girdland, Mattias Norlander

sadashivakamath

Programming user code into STM32F103C8 (with USB bootloader updated) using TrueSTUDIO IDE

Postby sadashivakamath » Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:10 am

Hi,

I'm using Blue Pill board (STM32F103C8 with USB bootloader updated - generic_boot20_pc13.bin). I'm connecting Blue Pill board directly to laptop using USB cable (i.e., without using any ST-Link V2 Programming Unit).

I'm using TrueSTUDIO IDE 9.2.0 without using any ST-Link V2 Programming Unit.

I want to know how to program/flash user code into Blue Pill board (STM32F103C8 with USB bootloader updated) using TrueSTUDIO IDE?

Please note that I'm able to flash/program user code into Blue Pill board using Arduino IDE. But, I want to know flashing procedure using TrueSTUDIO IDE?

sadashivakamath

Re: Programming user code into STM32F103C8 (with USB bootloader updated) using TrueSTUDIO IDE

Postby sadashivakamath » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:28 am

SOME MORE DETAILS ON PREVIOUS QUERY -

I have made brief document (STM32_Programming.png) on STM32 user code programming using 2 methods –

1. Method-1: Using USB to UART converter or Using ST-LINK programmer
2. Method-2: Directly connecting STM32 using Micro-USB cable (without using USB-UART converter or ST-LINK programmer)

I’m able to program STM32 using Method-1.

But, I’m not able to program STM32 using Method-2. My intention is to program STM32 without using any additional programmer and using TrueSTUDIO.
But, I’m able to program STM32 using Method-2 using Arduino IDE.

Run -> Debug Configurations -> Debugger
I see only 3 options: ST_LINK, SEGGER J-LINK, SEGGER J-TRACE

Let me know is there any way to resolve this issue. Ex., Can we use “New launch configuration”?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “TrueSTUDIO for STM32 discussions”