Failure at line 13

Discussions concerning TrueSTUDIO for STM32 9.0.0 and later versions.

Moderators: Markus Girdland, Mattias Norlander

phoenix2000

Re: Failure at line 13

Postby phoenix2000 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:38 pm

Unfortunately, the new version 9.2.0 has the same problem and I can't understand why this continues:?

philbrooksjazz wrote:I'm having the same issue - very frustrating!!

I had some luck with disabling verify in the debug configuration settings.

Run -> Debug Configuration -> Debugger Tab -> Misc section -> uncheck "Verify Flash Download"

But it comes and goes, too early to tell if this is a real fix - but so far working.

I test it but it didn't work for me.
-------------------------------
Dear truestudio group.
I just create a test project with cubemx for stm32f429 discovery board and init the peripherals with the default values the cube gives me and no more thing I do. but still, the truestudio cannot load the program. can't you duplicate this process? please, do some thing. :|

Manix

Postby Manix » Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:37 pm

Hi phoenix2000,
got the same problem when updating from 9.0.1 to 9.2.0
Tool ask me to update the ST-Link Firmware , what i did .
...the the obscure "Failure at line 13" popped up.
So Line 13 is the "load" command .
To get a more detailed info about what's happen , you can switch the Log File on .
Goto "Debug Configurations"/Debugger tab; in the lower section under "Misc" you can enable the Log file.
In the LOG File I found that he has some problems to access files , but still goes on to do something and crash later.
I think the new Version 9.2.0 in conjunction with the new ST-LINK firmware has still a problem.
To go back to the old versions, you have to load old Firmware in ST-LINK and you must remove all the references to the new tool
9.2.0 in the config files . Best is to overwrite them with "old-working" versions.
Files are : .cproject .settings\* project.elf.launch

...hope the Bits and Bytes will be with you ;)

phoenix2000

Postby phoenix2000 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:25 am

Manix wrote:Hi phoenix2000,
got the same problem when updating from 9.0.1 to 9.2.0
Tool ask me to update the ST-Link Firmware , what i did .
...the the obscure "Failure at line 13" popped up.
So Line 13 is the "load" command .
To get a more detailed info about what's happen , you can switch the Log File on .
Goto "Debug Configurations"/Debugger tab; in the lower section under "Misc" you can enable the Log file.
In the LOG File I found that he has some problems to access files , but still goes on to do something and crash later.
I think the new Version 9.2.0 in conjunction with the new ST-LINK firmware has still a problem.
To go back to the old versions, you have to load old Firmware in ST-LINK and you must remove all the references to the new tool
9.2.0 in the config files . Best is to overwrite them with "old-working" versions.
Files are : .cproject .settings\* project.elf.launch

...hope the Bits and Bytes will be with you ;)

Thanks dear Monix, for your offering solution.

bertrand

Postby bertrand » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:32 pm

For information I had the same issue by using a ST-Link V2 after using a ST-Link V3.
I used the Legacy JTAG of the ST-Link V3 to be like a ST-Link V2 and all is running fine.

From now, I have to switch to V3 in any case.

Bertrand
useful serial debug app with plotter : https://github.com/mindstorm38/debug-sensor

Return to “TrueSTUDIO for STM32 discussions”