Build Analyzer

Discussions concerning TrueSTUDIO for STM32 9.0.0 and later versions.

Moderators: Markus Girdland, Mattias Norlander

edh329

Build Analyzer

Postby edh329 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:49 pm

I love the build analyzer on the IDE but I'm a little confused on when it is run. Sometimes I see the window populated sometimes its blank.
It doesn't seem to relate to when I build or compile the project.

When is build Analyzer run?

Ed H

Wedge

Re: Build Analyzer

Postby Wedge » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:26 am

I had that problem, and also with the Static Stack Analyzer window. Try double clicking on the generated .elf file. That populated the Build and Stack Analyzer windows for me, and the data refreshes after each build.

Artucas

Postby Artucas » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:48 pm

+1 for the answer Wedge, that also helped me. Was wondering why sometimes i am seeing build analyzer info and sometimes not.

edh329

Postby edh329 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:09 pm

Thanks for the info.
I also found that If you click the project file (Top of the project tree) it seems to populate.

Ed

mihooper

Postby mihooper » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:36 pm

I'm having similar issues with the Build Analyzer. Does it actually work? It doesn't seem to change Memory Regions (often blank) after compiling, and the Memory Details don't seem to reflect the map file.
Thanks,
Mike H

mrsolomo

Postby mrsolomo » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:41 am

Hello,

I tried clicking the elf.launch and nothing happened. Please help. Sometimes the memory region in the Build Analyzer shows up, sometimes it doesn't.

mlabbe

Postby mlabbe » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:25 pm

Hi,

I also have the same problem (with TrueStudio 9.01). Clicking on the project file or on the elf file does not change anything for me.

The map file is created and seems to be loaded as the "Memory Details" tab populate properly. I have not luck with the "Memory region" which empty.

I saw the "Memory region" filled with a few values at some point in the past, but I don't know wich settings I changed to affect this tab.

mlabbe

Postby mlabbe » Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:54 pm

Update:
After a while, those statistics started to appear in my TrueStudio without any change to my settings...

mrsolomo

Postby mrsolomo » Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:55 am

It happens to me as well. It appears and disappears without me changing any settings.

I HOPE SOMEONE FROM ST COULD HELP US DETERMINE HOW TO CORRECTLY CONFIGURE IT SO THAT IT'S ALWAYS THERE.

Mattias Norlander

Postby Mattias Norlander » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:04 pm

Hi,

Like most views in Eclipse the Build/Stack analyzer views are "context aware", for better or for worse.
This means that the views tries to show the correct information based on which source that is selected in project explorer or which c/h file that is opened in the editor window. Consider that you may be developing several projects in one workspace jumping around between files and all views must understand which information is relevant at all time. It does not work 100%.

By selecting a specific project or elf-file in the project explorer the views should be helped to understand the context your are interested in.
Pre-requisites are that you have a successful built project (produced elf and map file) and for stack analyzer that stack usage computation is on (produces the .su-files in the Debug folder). if this is in place then it should work, or there is some sort of bug. I know we have done some bug fixes lately on these views.

Return to “TrueSTUDIO for STM32 discussions”