Double-clicking on ".project" or ".cproject" does not auto-import project

This forum category is used by Atollic to announce important messages to Atollic users. Users only have reply permissions to topics in this category.

Moderators: Markus Girdland, Mattias Norlander

Mattias Norlander

Double-clicking on ".project" or ".cproject" does not auto-import project

Postby Mattias Norlander » Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:00 pm

This is only relevant for TS v.5.4.0. If you are running later versions of TS. Please ignore.

We have discovered a bug in Atollic TrueSTUDIO v.5.4.0. The bug is related to automatic import and opening of TrueSTUDIO projects by double-clicking the ".project" and the ".cproject" files. If a user has Atollic TrueSTUDIO open, and thereafter double-clicks on a ".project" or ".cproject" file, the project should be auto-imported to the current workspace. This auto-import functionality is currently broken.
As a side-effect it is also not possible to use the STM32CubeMx --> "open project" button when trying to open a Cube generated project is TrueSTUDIO.

The problem can be fixed by replacing the original TrueSTUDIO.ini file with a corrected version of this file. Download the corrected version here:
TrueSTUDIO.ini.zip
Unzip it and replace the original, which is located here:
%INSTALL_DIRECTORY%\Atollic\TrueSTUDIO for ARM 5.4.0\ide\TrueSTUDIO.ini

RRRitchey

Hi, this is not working

Postby RRRitchey » Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:00 am

Hi, this is not working for me. I have TrueSTUDIO for ARM 5.4.2 installed and I have STM32CubeMX updated to the latest releases as of 4/16/2016. I followed the video exactly for the STM32F072B-DISCO board. I replaced the ini file in the correct directory and it did not work after restarting TrueSTUDIO so I rebooted and tried again and still no luck. The project will not load. Any ideas? Thanks,

Mattias Norlander

Hi Ritchey, I should have updated

Postby Mattias Norlander » Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:31 am

Hi Ritchey,

I should have updated this thread. The bug report only applies to 5.4.0. I think the bug was fixed in 5.4.1 and works for me in 5.4.2 without having to do the procedure above.

I tested with the "STM32F072B-DISCO". It worked just fine for me with TS Lite 5.4.2 and STM32CubeMx 4.14.0.
Which version of CubeMx are you using?

Mattias Norlander

I tried downloading the ini-file

Postby Mattias Norlander » Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:42 am

I tried downloading the ini-file above and add it to my 5.4.2 installation. It forced TS to re-open a new instance upon opening a CubeMx generated project. Beside of that no errors.

Your problem is not related to the ini, it must be something else in your environment. Just to be clear you are using TS v.5.4.2 in combination with STM32CubeMx 4.14.00.201603171736? Or is this another build?

RRRitchey

Yes, I have TS 5.4.2

Postby RRRitchey » Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:48 pm

Yes, I have TS 5.4.2 installed on my D: drive (where I install all my software) and I have CubeMX
up to the latest release (Mine just tells me 4.14.0 in the about box. So, since this does not work
what would you suggest I do. My computer is fairly generic, Dell Precision 4800 notebook, Windows 7 Professional, etc. Thanks,

Mattias Norlander

OK - from TrueSTUDIO try

Postby Mattias Norlander » Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:21 pm

OK - from TrueSTUDIO try this instead:
File --> Import --> General --> Existing Projects into Workspace -->
--> Select Root directory --> Browse...

Now go and find the root directory of the Cube generated project. the project import wizard will search recursively for the .project/.cproject files which contains the project configuration. When found, the project import wizard will list a project. Optionally select "Copy projects into workspace" (this only works providing that the project contains all files necessary, if it has linked resources it will not work).

Import!
That should probably work?

If it did not work, do you get any output in the ".log" file in the workspace\metadata folder? Dont send all log output, only the last lines related to CubeMx - if there are such...

RRRitchey

OK, will have to try

Postby RRRitchey » Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:49 pm

OK, will have to try that tonight as I am doing work at work and work at home right now and that project is a home. Thanks,

Return to “Atollic TrueSTUDIO announcements”