How to configure SWV clock in the SWV setting?

Share code examples or discuss embedded software, including device drivers, interrupt handlers, middleware and application code.

Moderators: Markus Girdland, Mattias Norlander

william2017

How to configure SWV clock in the SWV setting?

Postby william2017 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:54 pm

Hi, there. I have read the white paper about SWV usage. It seems to tell us that Core Clock is the speed of our STM32MCU clock. But how about the others like Clock Prescaler and SWO Clock. Someone please tell me how to set up this parameters correctly.

william2017

Re: How to configure SWV clock in the SWV setting?

Postby william2017 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:05 am

I think I got the right answer. the Core clock is the frequency which CPU is running, and the SWO clock is the baud rate of the SWO wire. It depends on which Debugger we are using. In IAR case, It will set up this parameter by auto detect, or we can use oscilloscope to capture the shortest pulse to get the baud rate.

DD4DA

Postby DD4DA » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:50 pm

I normal circumstance this Settings are gdb Settings in the global Setup. look at Window->Preference->Run/debug->Embedded-C/C++ Application->Debug Hardware->....
It's depended on the Debugging Hardware you are using.

pedro643

Postby pedro643 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:46 pm

You can get all the configuration settings with Netgear Customer Support to configure with the SWV clock with the SWV settings, and with that, you can get to know all the advanced level notification, and with the clock settings, you can set up with the global settings.

Return to “Embedded target code development discussions”