TrueStudio for OSX

Discuss how to use the features of Atollic TrueSTUDIO, including the editor, assembler, C/C++ compiler, linker, debugger, static code analysis and team collaboration tools.

Moderators: Markus Girdland, Mattias Norlander

dpp

Re: TrueStudio for OSX

Postby dpp » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:01 am

+1

long version: i also believe the STM32 project would greatly benefit from a TrueSTUDIO port to macOS! i have been using mostly SystemWorkbench on macOS, which is ok but not as *mature* as TrueSTUDIO ( e.g debugging + ITM ). running TrueSTUDIO in a VM is painfully sluggish on most macOS systems. linux is not a real option ATM on recent apple hardware … etcetera.

Markus Girdland

Postby Markus Girdland » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:43 am

SC1000 wrote:Is there any chance for the first (alpha?) release to be available within 2018?

I don't really dare to make any announcements but if I had to bet money on it, I would say no. At least not an Alpha available to the public for testing.

bht890811

Postby bht890811 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:49 am

How about this project? I've waiting for a lone time but there's no new information about truestudio for macOS.

metacode

Postby metacode » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:53 pm

How is the OSX version comming. As windows in only an option as long as Windows 7 is kept up to date I do need an alternative soon.
Using atollic in Virtual Windows is possible but not very pleasant! Since Linux for productive desktop is even more painful than Windows and does have worse Graphics support in VM we might as well renew our IAR license...
Fun fact, we would even pay for a Mac version. There is no need for software to be free of charge if it increases productivity.

metacode

Postby metacode » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:37 pm

Well, 10 days and no answer. So I dare to ask. Is atollic actively working on the macOS version or is this project on hold or even dropped due to the take over from ST...?

DD4DA

Postby DD4DA » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:46 pm

i guess that atollic has other plans as supporting OS-X. There are other valid solutions available to use them under os-x.
I would recommend to use parallels or VMWARE Fusion to use a small Linux or Windows for that purposes. I know that a native support is less complex, but this way could bridge the meantime.

Mattias Norlander

Postby Mattias Norlander » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:19 pm

metacode wrote:Well, 10 days and no answer. So I dare to ask. Is atollic actively working on the macOS version or is this project on hold or even dropped due to the take over from ST...?

There is a general plan that all internally developed STM32 ecosystem tools shall be available on Win/Linux/MacOS. But the time plan will remain a secret for now :)

LuizRoque

Postby LuizRoque » Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:07 am

I don't know if this just happened to me, but using TRUEStudio on Windows VM with OSX as a host, is very very slow on debug and transferring the code, maybe is related to VM usb drivers. That's why I'm keeping using the System Workbench.

xud6

Postby xud6 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:38 am

Hope we will get a MACOS version in 2019

metacode

Postby metacode » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:42 pm

Well waited long enough without any advancement So guess we see what EmbeddedWold will bring. Maybe there even is a new product from a competitor so I we get rid of these STM32. I am very dissatisfied with the software (HAL/API) quality not to speak from the most of the time unhelpfull documentation. I really can't see where this road should lead to. Not even a roadmap.

Return to “Atollic TrueSTUDIO tool discussions”