ST-Link debug not working

Discuss how to use the features of Atollic TrueSTUDIO, including the editor, assembler, C/C++ compiler, linker, debugger, static code analysis and team collaboration tools.

Moderators: Markus Girdland, Mattias Norlander

rpullman

Hi Mattias When I launch it

Postby rpullman » Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:45 am

Hi Mattias
When I launch it from the command line I get:
bin>arm-atollic-eabi-gdb.exe
GNU gdb (GNU Tools for ARM Embedded Processors (Build 14.09 Pro)) 7.6.0.20140228-cvs
Copyright (C) 2013 Free Software Foundation, Inc. etc

So it appears to start ok from command line.

When I invoke the debugger from within TrueStudio the response is
"error while launching command .......arm-atollic-eabi-gdb--version"

What does "--version" mean? Is it trying to run the wrong .exe file
Thanks heaps for your help

rpullman

To attempt to resolve the

Postby rpullman » Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:26 pm

To attempt to resolve the problem I uninstalled TrueStudio and attempted to reinstall it. However when I try to reinstall it says that TrueStudio is already installed and I must uninstall it first.
How do I completely remove TrueStudio then do a new install?

Mattias Norlander

Hi Wombat, Did you resolve this

Postby Mattias Norlander » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:24 am

Hi Wombat,

Did you resolve this with our support team? Or was that someone else with a similar request?

Mattias Norlander

Sztefano have you solved your

Postby Mattias Norlander » Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:39 pm

Sztefano have you solved your issue yet?

Hi,
I was not able to solve my issue in 100%, but I figured out, that when my ethernet plug is disconnected from ethernet switch debug works correctly. So probably this is some issue in my system configuration or something like that.

Wombat, did you try Sztefanos approach. We have actually heard other users solving this issue with this little stunt...

Let me know if it solves your problem too...

Stevech

To attempt to resolve the

Postby Stevech » Wed May 04, 2016 5:09 am

To attempt to resolve the problem I uninstalled TrueStudio and attempted to reinstall it. However when I try to reinstall it says that TrueStudio is already installed and I must uninstall it first.
How do I completely remove TrueStudio then do a new install?

Interested to hear response to this.

rpullman

Hi I removed the registry settings

Postby rpullman » Wed May 04, 2016 7:08 am

Hi
I removed the registry settings then was able to reinstall. After reinstalling TrueStudio the original problem (when running the debugger) was resolved.
Still interested to know what the error I was getting means.
“error while launching command …….arm-atollic-eabi-gdb–version
in particular what does "-version" mean?

dan.closson

Hello, I'm also having issues when

Postby dan.closson » Thu May 05, 2016 3:45 pm

Hello,

I'm also having issues when trying to debug a simple project on an STM32F4 discovery board. When I attempt to debug the application using the STLINK the gdb server launches and is able to connect but a short time later the ST-LINK_gdbserver.exe application crashes. In the Console within Atollic I get the following message.

C:\Users\danc\AppData\Local\Temp\truestudio1090682091100820362gdbscript:14: Error in sourced command file:
Remote communication error. Target disconnected.: No error.

I'm running TrueStudio version 5.4.2 and I've ensure that the ST-Link is working properly and firewall exceptions are there. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan C.

Mattias Norlander

It is possible to completely

Postby Mattias Norlander » Wed May 11, 2016 6:36 am

It is possible to completely remove a version of TS that was not uninstalled properly by removing the folder "X.Y.Z":
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Atollic\TrueSTUDIO for ARM\X.Y.Z
X.Y.Z represents the TS version you do not want to keep. Dont mess with versions you intend to keep!

dan.closson

Thanks for the reply Mattias.

Postby dan.closson » Wed May 11, 2016 12:13 pm

Thanks for the reply Mattias. I did end up resolving this issue and it appears to be an issue with the STM32CubeMX software. When running version 4.14 of STM32CubeMX and generating the code for TrueStudio I get the crashing behavior but when running version 4.11 of STM32CubeMX everything is stable. I haven't yet looked into the details but I figured it would be worth posting here in case others are running into issues and running the same setup as me.

Fred

Hello All, I am using version

Postby Fred » Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:01 am

Hello All,

I am using version 5.5.1 of Atollic (and I also tried with 5.4.1 and 5.5.2) and ST-LinkV2.
I am having problem to launch the Debug: I have tried all solutions proposed in this topic, but I still get the same answer: Waiting for TrueSTUDIO client to connect on port 61234 ...

I can access the target (STM32F105RC) with the St-link Utility so I know the board design is fine.
I have tried to launch the server from the console and I get the error message "failed to connect to ST-LINK GDB server..."
The ST-Link probe has been updated.

I have a demo board for a STM32F729 (with integrated probe) and I can launch the debug without problem.

Any suggestions are welcome ! :)

Thanks
Fred

Return to “Atollic TrueSTUDIO tool discussions”