Atmel SAM7 support?

Discuss how to use the features of Atollic TrueSTUDIO, including the editor, assembler, C/C++ compiler, linker, debugger, static code analysis and team collaboration tools.

Moderators: Markus Girdland, Mattias Norlander

scz

Atmel SAM7 support?

Postby scz » Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:56 am

Hello,

do you plan to add support for Ateml SAM7 MCU Family?

BR
Sven

Mattias Norlander

Hi Sven, The answer is unfortunately

Postby Mattias Norlander » Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:23 am

Hi Sven,

The answer is unfortunately no. We do support the ARM7TDMI, and since the requests for supporting these MCUs are quite rare we will not implement "speciic" support for them.

BUT - what you can do, is to download a software package from Atmel for your derivative. And create a generic ARM7TDMI project in TrueSTUDIO. Then just take the drivers from the package or perhaps relevant files from a complete example project and copy it into your TrueSTUDIO project. The Atmel project packs support GNU, so it should not be a big problem. But it may be a bit tricky if this is the first time you are porting a project.

Let me know if this is a possibility and I will point toward some app. notes that could help you!

Kind regards, Mattias

scz

Dear Matthias, thank your for your

Postby scz » Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:17 pm

Dear Matthias,

thank your for your suggestion. This is not really what I'm looking for - though I do not doubt that I could use the tools the way you suggest, I can't afford to find out on all everyday problems if they are caused by my firmware/hardware or by the development tools. So I think I have to search for an other tool.

Thank you and best regards,
Sven

Return to “Atollic TrueSTUDIO tool discussions”