Download and run without debug

Discuss how to use the features of Atollic TrueSTUDIO, including the editor, assembler, C/C++ compiler, linker, debugger, static code analysis and team collaboration tools.

Moderators: Markus Girdland, Mattias Norlander

topknot

Download and run without debug

Postby topknot » Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:23 pm

Hi

I can't seem to work out how to simply download and run my code on the target without entering debug. The facility seems to be possible but I don't know how to set it up.

My target is an STM32F4 processor with ST-Link SWD.

Can anyone explain, or point me to a resource that explains this?

Mattias Norlander

Hi, This is a missing feature

Postby Mattias Norlander » Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:16 am

Hi,

This is a missing feature in the IDE. But it can be overcome without too much trouble by duplicating your debug configuration and modifying the GDB-script only to download and reset the target.

I made a video showing the procedure:
https://youtu.be/R2hfq4S_-B0
Additionally you may want to display the standard debug buttons in Eclipse which makes it more flexible to work with multiple debug configurations. This is disabled by default to simplify for new users...

Does this help you? We have a feature request in our ticket system for this feature, but as always - it is a matter of priorities...

topknot

Excellent - and even with

Postby topknot » Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:29 am

Excellent - and even with a custom video.
Thank you.

edvinand

Hi! I am experiencing the

Postby edvinand » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:47 am

Hi! I am experiencing the same problem. I did as shown in the video, and it works, but everytime I connect the power, nothing happens untill I debug the code from Atollic TrueStudio. Is it not possible to save the code to the microcontroller, so that it starts on powerup?
(I am using the Discovery STM32F4)

Return to “Atollic TrueSTUDIO tool discussions”