How to export Truestudio settings?

Discuss how to use the features of Atollic TrueSTUDIO, including the editor, assembler, C/C++ compiler, linker, debugger, static code analysis and team collaboration tools.

Moderators: Markus Girdland, Mattias Norlander

EminYagmahan

How to export Truestudio settings?

Postby EminYagmahan » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:07 pm

Hello everyone,

I tried hard to adapt Atollic TrueStudio to my needs. Unfortunately I can't find a way to export my settings, themes and especially code templates.

Is there a direct way to save my settings from the IDE? If not, are these saved in a .config file or similar, so that I can replace them during a new installation?

Many thanks in advance,
Emin Yagmahan

awneil

Re: How to export Truestudio settings?

Postby awneil » Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:04 pm

I think the things you mentioned are no different from standard Eclipse - so try the standard Eclipse documentation, and search Eclipse discussions ...

kurta999

Postby kurta999 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:31 am

File -> Import or Export tab, depends on what you want -> General -> Preferences

It works, I used it couple of times already.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

alister

Postby alister » Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:23 am

I export and save the preferences and I've documented instructions for other developers who clone the repository to import so they use the same code style.

(This is the code style configured at Windows -> Preferences C/C++ + Code Style + Formatter.)

However my observation with TrueSTUDIO 9.3.0 is the code style is not exported correctly if you check only "C/C++ Code Style. A workaround is to check "Export all". Then it's exported ok (and imported ok on the other developer's boxes).

EminYagmahan

Postby EminYagmahan » Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:43 pm

Thanks alista and kurta,

I took a closer look at the export file and my code snippets are actually included.

Many thanks for the help.

Return to “Atollic TrueSTUDIO tool discussions”