Kaspersky antivirus slows down Atollic TrueSTUDIO

Discuss how to use the features of Atollic TrueSTUDIO, including the editor, assembler, C/C++ compiler, linker, debugger, static code analysis and team collaboration tools.

Moderators: Markus Girdland, Mattias Norlander

dimaios

Kaspersky antivirus slows down Atollic TrueSTUDIO

Postby dimaios » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:06 am

We have observed that Kaspersky slows down drammatically the Atollic TrueStudio start up, the creation of a new project and above all the STM32CubeMX responsiveness.
Sometimes the STM32CubeMX hangs on requiring to kill the application and restart the IDE.
Deactivating the Kaspersky antivirus everything runs normally without slowdowns.

The Atollic TrueSTUDIO directory has still been excluded declaring it as a safe area into the antivirus configuration setup.
STM32CubeMX has installed as integrated plug-in ( not as stand alone application ).

Additional info :

1) Atollic TrueSTUDIO 9.2.0
2) STM32CubeMX 5.0 plug-in
3) Kaspersky EndPoint Security for Windows 11.0.0.6499
4) Windows 10 Professional version 1709 OS Build 16299.846

Best regards

spacecowboy1

Re: Kaspersky antivirus slows down Atollic TrueSTUDIO

Postby spacecowboy1 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:27 am

Wow, that's good to know. However, I haven't had any problems on Windows 7.

dimaios

Postby dimaios » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:51 pm

spacecowboy1 wrote:Wow, that's good to know. However, I haven't had any problems on Windows 7.

In our company few colleagues use Windows 7 and they didn't experienced the same problem.
Today I made a fresh setup of Windows 10 on a new machine without Kaspersky antivirus and no problem has been detected.

brattim

Postby brattim » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:25 am

The following part was the user will be able to get the Kaspersky antivirus for the user which were slows down their work and atollic true studios so can't load xpcom will enhance all the possible information to them.

dimaios

Postby dimaios » Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:19 am

brattim wrote:The following part was the user will be able to get the Kaspersky antivirus for the user which were slows down their work and atollic true studios so can't load xpcom will enhance all the possible information to them.

Sorry but I don't understand the relationship between Firefox XPCOM and the Atollic TrueStudio behaviour.

Return to “Atollic TrueSTUDIO tool discussions”