Using CMSIS in combination with CubeMX

Discuss how to use the features of Atollic TrueSTUDIO, including the editor, assembler, C/C++ compiler, linker, debugger, static code analysis and team collaboration tools.

Moderators: Markus Girdland, Mattias Norlander

anybridge

Using CMSIS in combination with CubeMX

Postby anybridge » Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:05 pm

Hi, here's what I'm trying to accomplish: create a Atollic Studio STM32 project that includes both CMSIS and CubeMX. I have tried to generate a CMSIS project, but then it's unclear how to add the CubeMX-generated code. When opening the {projectName}.rteconfig file, it merely states under 'Device' that CubeMX must be used for configuration. The big question is: HOW?

CMSIS.jpg

After building the project, a compilation error is generated by a run_STM32CubeMX.c file:

"Run STM32CubeMX and generate device configuration files described by FrameworkCubeMX.gpdsc"

That file is nowhere to be found, however...

Again, the big question is: HOW?

I have also tried the other way around, i.e. generating a project from CubeMX, and then adding CMSIS, but that is even more mysterious...

Please advise!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

j5mj5s

Re: Using CMSIS in combination with CubeMX

Postby j5mj5s » Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:28 am

Hi,
I have nearly the same problem.

I could generate a FrameworkCubeMX.gpdsc -file by using the CubeMX with the setting:
(ProjectManager)/(Project)/(Toolchain / IDE) : Other Toolchain (GPDSC)

Than I deactivate STM32CubeMX support on the rteconfig-editor. As expected, the runSTM32CubeMX.c was removed from the project.
After deactivate STM32CubeMX, I get the same problem with the runSTM32CubeMX.c-file.

Is there a special trick to connect the FrameworkCubeMX.gpdsc -file with the rteconfig tool?

Mcfarlane

Postby Mcfarlane » Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:01 pm

If there's a special trick, I'd like to know it as well. Did you try anything yet, J5mj5s? Or are you just stuck without an idea like I am?

j5mj5s

Postby j5mj5s » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:20 am

Mcfarlane wrote:If there's a special trick, I'd like to know it as well. Did you try anything yet, J5mj5s? Or are you just stuck without an idea like I am?

I have no further idea and put the problem on the side. A pity, I think the approach is good.

Return to “Atollic TrueSTUDIO tool discussions”