External Input not triggered while debugging

Discuss how to use the features of Atollic TrueSTUDIO, including the editor, assembler, C/C++ compiler, linker, debugger, static code analysis and team collaboration tools.

Moderators: Markus Girdland, Mattias Norlander

lacroix

External Input not triggered while debugging

Postby lacroix » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:15 am

Dear Forum,

I have a very strange situation with debugging a PWM input function in my firmware via STLINK/V2 and TrueSTUDIO and I only have 2 hints.
MCU: Cortex-M0
Atollic: 8.0

1. While debugging, the external inputs are not triggered (ex: EXTI0_1_IRQHandler). If I disconnect it is triggered normally.
2. Well actually it is triggered, but only once between 10 and 30 seconds after debugging starts as confirmed from a timer incremented counter.

Using visual outputs connected to the hardware I can confirm that everything works fine when I disconnect the debugger.
The debugger also works well otherwise, steps and restarts without any problem.
Other functionalities in the firmware also seem normal.

If anyone could help point me to a general direction where this type of issue is likely to be cause, I would greatly appreciate.

Thank you

frank_ee

Re: External Input not triggered while debugging

Postby frank_ee » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:51 pm

Hello,

Does the PWM input interrupt flag get set while debugging?

lacroix

Re: External Input not triggered while debugging

Postby lacroix » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:23 am

frank_ee wrote:Hello,

Does the PWM input interrupt flag get set while debugging?

Actually is was something related. The problem is solved now and I should have updated.
The an input flag was actually not set, but it still worked "in some conditions" which just turned out to not be the condition when the debugger was used, due to probably some voltage floating close to the TTL on/off level.
Forcing the input pin to a determined value solved the issue.

Thank you for your feedback.

Return to “Atollic TrueSTUDIO tool discussions”