Heap and Stack sizes

Discuss how to use the features of Atollic TrueSTUDIO, including the editor, assembler, C/C++ compiler, linker, debugger, static code analysis and team collaboration tools.

Moderators: Markus Girdland, Mattias Norlander

amrlsayed

Heap and Stack sizes

Postby amrlsayed » Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:42 pm

Hi, I just installed TrueStudio yesterday , I was using keil(MDK-ARM) , I am asking where to set the stack and heap sizes , because I used to set them in the startup file in MDK environment, so what about TrueStudio ?? , or I don't need to set them ?
I changed the value in the linker script to the one I use in MDK but it produced an error saying that the RAM doesn't fit this.

I am not familiar with linker scripts , compiler options, etc.. , I used to build my project with only one click (build), may my experience doesn't allow my to use a professional tool like TrueStudio now, but I want to learn how to use it...

and Many thanks for your Great project.
Amr.

amrlsayed

Solved: Hi, I found that

Postby amrlsayed » Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:07 am

Solved: Hi, I found that I can easily change the stack and heap sizes from the linker script , the bug was that I was adding sizes that are larger than the RAM.
finally I got the project working.
really thanks for this great tool :-)

sincic

Re: Heap and Stack sizes

Postby sincic » Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:30 pm

Hi, i used mikroC for ARM. In this program there was a "Heap size" option to complete. how did you change the "heap size" into atollic true studio?

thanks
Sebastian

Return to “Atollic TrueSTUDIO tool discussions”