failed to read target memory - no source file error

Discuss how to use the features of Atollic TrueSTUDIO, including the editor, assembler, C/C++ compiler, linker, debugger, static code analysis and team collaboration tools.

Moderators: Markus Girdland, Mattias Norlander

feuerwolf66

failed to read target memory - no source file error

Postby feuerwolf66 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:32 am

Hi,
i am new to atollic but struggeling super hard...
when trying to debug a fresh untouched cubeMX project for a Nucleo STM32L053 project or a project which already worked for this uC, i got the errors:

No source file named C:\Users\Alexander Wolf\Documents\PROJEKTE\PROGRAMMIERUNG\STM32\3 STM Cube Projects\STM32L053R8T\SD Card v004 - atollic\Src\main.c.

STM32 device: Failed to read target memory (flash_sz)

please find screenshots attached.

The weard thing is, that yesterday everything worked in Atollic! After succesfully trying some test coding in atollic, i decided to try and install SW4STM32 and IAR EWARM. I also installed Kinesis Design Studio for a freedom board. Is it possible that there are now some sort of driver conflicts, after installing all the other IDEs? Or because SW4STM32 is also based on Eclipe, some (compiler)Settings got changed?

To solve the problem with the main.c not found, i checked the source path in " Properties/ c/c++ General / Path and Symbols / source location" but src with main is in build path...

STM32 ST Link Utility works with the Nucleo Board. Also uVision and and Ewarm. So i think it i just missconfigured somes settings in atollic.

Does anyone have a clue how to solve this? Even deinstall of SW4STM32/Atollic and new installation of atollic did not work. I tryed to attac my project in a Zip file, but it says 1154kB are to large.
Thanks in advance
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

feuerwolf66

Re: failed to read target memory - no source file error

Postby feuerwolf66 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:58 am

The Error: no source file named ..... Src\main.c comes from a different project folder. I just tried a new test Project with in atollic integrated cube mx on destop and still got the error, But for a main file in a different project (folder)

When deleting the main not found error project from project exploer and switch to another project this massage doesnt appear anymore. switching then to another project, the error message appears again for the main.c from the previous project.? Somehow the Projects source folders are put together from the debugger?

What does:
GCC_EXEC_PREFIX <UNDEFINED>

in Project Properties/ C/C++ Build / Environment / Environment variables mean? There could be some GCC install path error, How does this loot in your ides?

Markus Girdland

Postby Markus Girdland » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:41 pm

Hello!

I would suggest that you try these three steps to get rid of error messages from other projects:
1. Close the project you do not want to debug (right click -> Close project)
2. Rebuild index in the project (right click -> Index -> Rebuild)
3. Clear all the breakpoints you currently have (Run -> Remove all breakpoints)

Hope this helps!

feuerwolf66

Postby feuerwolf66 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:35 pm

Thank you Markus,
that hepled for the source file error. It was not clear to me, that folded project != closed project. I thougt only the selected unfolded project will be compiled.

What do you think about the comment:
STM32 device: Failed to read target memory (flash_sz)

Return to “Atollic TrueSTUDIO tool discussions”